Pioneer Life in Upper Canada
The Saw Mill
|- explain how pioneers used natural
- describe the major components of a pioneer village or settlement
- describe the lifestyles of pioneers and the various roles of individuals in a pioneer settlement
A Link to Learning web-based student learning activity www.linktolearning.com
This activity uses the web site Pioneer Life in Upper Canada
From the main page, click on Village Life and then Saw Mill.
1. What did the sawmill provide for the village? ________________________________________________
2. The worker in a saw mill was called a ____________________________________.
3. Read the information about the saw and axes. Click below the picture
to see a larger version.
Sketch and label the saw and axes in the space below.