Pioneer Life in Upper Canada
The Grist Mill
|- explain how pioneers used natural
- describe the major components of a pioneer village or settlement
- describe the lifestyles of pioneers and the various roles of individuals in a pioneer settlement
A Link to Learning web-based student learning activity www.linktolearning.com
This activity uses the web site Pioneer Life in Upper Canada
From the main page, click on Village Life and then Grist Mill.
1. Grains of ____________ , ____________ , ____________ , or ____________ , were ground to make flour at a grist mill.
2. Pioneers used flour to make ________________ daily.
3. The worker in the grist mill was called a _______________________ .
4. What did he have to know how to do? ________________________________________________________